In a notification released by the District administration regarding the Karthigai Deepam Festival on the 26th of November, it is stipulated that, as per Chennai High Court judgments, only 2500 devotees will be permitted to participate in climbing the mountain. The following regulations must be strictly observed:
- A Special Centre will be established at 5.00 AM on the Deepam Festival Day, the 26th of November, at the Kalaignar Karunanidhi Government Arts College, located on Thiruvannamalai Sengam Road. Priority will be given to the first 2500 devotees, and admission tickets with photographs will be provided to them.
- Only devotees within the age group of 18-50 will be allowed to climb the mountain.
- Devotees must carry copies of Identity Proofs, such as Aadhar cards or other Government-issued ID cards, along with a medical certificate from a doctor.
- Devotees will be restricted to the route near the temple tower. No permission will be granted to climb via any other routes.
- Devotees ascending the mountain are permitted to carry only a drinking water bottle. Additionally, they are required to bring back the empty water bottles upon return.
- Importantly, devotees are strictly prohibited from carrying any inflammable articles, including camphor, crackers, etc.
It is noteworthy that the divine flag-hoisting ceremony at the Thiruvannamalai Lord Arunachaleswarar temple took place in the early morning on the 17th of November. The Maha Deepam will be lit on the summit of the 2668 ft mountain on the 26th of November.