As the culmination of the Karthikai Deepa festival at the Tiruvannamalai Arunasaleshwarar Temple, the Maha Deepam is illuminated atop Annamalaiyar Hill with devotional fervor.
Today, on Tuesday, November 26th, the Maha Deepam was lit at 6 PM, attracting countless devotees who enthusiastically participate in this auspicious event. The atmosphere is filled with spiritual energy as worshipers gather to witness the divine Great Lamp and offer their prayers.
On the auspicious day of Karthigai Deepam festival 2023, the Thiruvannamalai Arunachaleswarar temple was opened this morning, and special Abishegam and Dheeparathanai were performed.
At 4:00 am, the Bharani deepam was lit inside the shrine of the lord. A yagam was conducted at the Artha Mandapam, from where twenty Bharani Deepams were lit by Sivasariyargal.
The Bharani Deepam was then brought and displayed to all devotees. A large number of people worshiped the lamp as it was taken around by a priest.
The key event of this festival, the Maha Deepam at the Thiruvannamalai hill at a height of 2668, will be lit this evening at 6 pm. Below are some pictures showcasing the Bharani Deepam event.
|Girivalam Starting Date and Time||Girivalam Ending Date and Time|
|26th November 2023 – 03.53 PM||27th November 2023 – 02.45 PM|
- The special train (06033) departing from Chennai Beach Station today (Saturday, 25th November) will commence its journey at 6:00 PM and is scheduled to reach Tiruvannamalai at midnight, 12:05 AM.
- On the return trip, train (06034) will depart from Tiruvannamalai tomorrow (Sunday, 26th November) at 3:45 AM, arriving at Chennai Beach Station at 8:05 AM.
- Special Memu trains to Tiruvannamalai will operate from Tambaram Station on the 26th and 27th of November.
- The special train (06129) will depart from Tambaram at 8:40 AM and is expected to reach Tiruvannamalai at 12:35 PM.
- On the return journey, the special train (06130) will depart from Tiruvannamalai on both the 26th and 27th of November at 1:45 PM, reaching Tambaram at 5:15 PM.
Daily Poojas at Temple
|09.30 PM||Artha Jamam|